Free Python optimization framework

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

openopt tickets 33 and 34

I have been out of internet connection for some days and now I continue my work.
So I was informed by Nils Wagner about the ticket33 and ticket34
I didn't encountered 33 (as Nils wrote it's already had been fixed); fix to ticket 34 have been committed to svn, as well as some other changes. One of them is stand-alone line-search optimizer based on Armijo rule, so it didn't require scipy or Matthieu code. On the other hand, the latter can be very useful when no constraints are present (however, UC solvers like bfgs etc usually will be better in the case), or if the user's problem has just 1 constraint (in the case max(constraints) = the constraint = smooth func).

I tried to close the tickets but I have some problems with register/login, I hope Jeff Strunk will fix them soon.

No comments: